AUBites Parrot

After I entered AUB, a bird guide came out explaining the different birds spotted on campus. What came to my shock was that there are rose-ringed parakeets (Psittacula krameri) in the region. After research it became clear to that these parakeets are feral are spread around the region up to Lebanon down through Palestine down to Bahrain all the way to India where they originate.

While walking throughout the campus I keep seeing various birds such as common bulbuls (Pycnonotus barbatus) and palestinian sunbirds (Cinnyris oseus), but one day I heard a loud screech which shockingly turned out to be sulfur crested cockatoo (Cacatua galerita) flying around on campus. These cockatoos originate from Australia but it was here in Beirut. Reminded me of a conversation I had with my friend of how weird this university is.

So I depicted the two birds the common bulbul (the black headed bird) and the palestinian sunbird (the bird with a curved beak) Having the same argument where the Cockatoo interrupts them.

No comments:

Post a Comment