A Trip to Medellin


I had the chance to go to Medellin with some friends I met in RIE
Medellin is nicknamed the city of forever spring!

It truly is spectacular from the nature to the wildlife that are actually coping nicely with the city.
Here are some photos of animals I found there



What I also found interesting was that there was a girl that was standing in front of us in the line to go to the butterfly cage, and I couldn't help but realize the tattoo on her back. It was of Arabic letters.
As I was standing there, I couldn't help but read the text. Everyone was looking at me trying to read the text with curiosity. After I finished reading, my friends asked what did the text mean. She said that it was her parents' names. I think it is a mix between Maghribi and Kufic scripture. I didn't want to break it to her that it is not clear. But hey, she doesn't know and she isn't alone. This shows that letters are truly symbols perceived by people differently, some as shapes others as a form of reading.


Last note: When I returned back to Bogota, I lost my luggage with a Taxi driver... It drove me crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment